Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Ideas for diplaying AG's and their stuff.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member alliesunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 29th, 2006
    Posts
    148
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    So, I know we are all in love with our dolls, but since I am a new collector, I was just wondering where I am going to put my growing collection. I would like for it to be out and about, but I need some inspiration. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member JustMagicMaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2002
    Posts
    208
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Have a handy person who lives in your house build you a gigantic dollhouse for them? [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member alliesunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 29th, 2006
    Posts
    148
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL. Funny.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member adorevintage's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2006
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Right now I have Samantha's Wicker Table & Chairs set out by my desk, my daughter plays with it a lot, so its left out with whatever accessories she happens to be playing with.

    Everything else is stored in clear boxes under the bed...

    Some of the Hostboard ladies have really wonderful ways of displaying their collection. You could get a cupboard/curio or a bookshelf.

    I saw one site and she had an entire loft for her dolls (lucky!)

  5. #5
    Inactive Member jessicasturm's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2005
    Posts
    923
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I try to set them up on a shelf that is big enough for them all doing something that mimics the season. So for Christmas they are decorating a Christmas tree, for summer they might be in thier summer dresses walking the dog or something. Get creative! The most fun I have is setting them up and making them look like real girls. Check my albums for ideas!

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It doesn't have to be that big a room, I copied from Meg's doll rooms.

    Give me a minute to figure out how to get the pic to show up... [img]redface.gif[/img]

    th JosefinaRoom

    Woo-hoo! Only took me 5 minutes! [img]confused.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My shelf my hubby made for me consists of three "rooms" that are 23" high x 43" long, x 14" deep. They have kind of a shadow box look to them because they are so shallow. They do not take up a terrible amount of space, and I really enjoy them.I am still working on getting the rooms set up just right.

    Kit lives in the attic, there is a patio area in the middle, and Mae's Mantha lives on the bottom floor. Her room is too messy for pictures right now.

    78c05a15

    806dced2

  8. #8
    Inactive Member adorevintage's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2006
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Those rooms look SO COOL!!! Did you paint them yourself?? I LOOOVE them!!!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member jessicasturm's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2005
    Posts
    923
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow! American Mommy, your rooms are fantastic! I love them! I would love see pictures of the final room and some close ups! I knew your were and avid Kit collector, but WOW!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The top one, Kit's attic, the back wall is a scan from the paperdolls set. I added 3D elements like the Reds pennant, photos and other pictures.
    SailAway had scanned the paperdolls backgrounds to make scenes and settings a while back. I loved the idea, so I scanned the picture of Kit's room and used it for a background. The floor and walls are just painted in similar tones of brown.

    For the patio, I drew the background in Paintshop Pro (which explains why it looks not-so-great, lol), then printed it out. The backgrounds are attached to mat board with rubber cement, then propped in place.

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 25, 2006 04:21 PM: Message edited by: American_Mommy ]</font>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •